Accessibility At Righting Relations Canada
Righting Relations Canada strives to be an organization that is open, accessible and inclusive of all while providing space for education, learning and dignity. We therefore commit to the following measures to ensure accessibility of the Righting Relations website and all Righting Relations materials and resources:
- Providing captioning or transcripts for video and audio materials;
- Consulting with individuals living with disabilities and consider their needs in all website and material design processes;
- Providing alt-text for images and graphics;
- Incorporating accessible design principles into our website and materials;
- Creating channels of communication for feedback from people with disabilities;
- Responding to feedback from people with disabilities within 1-2 days;
We commit to create the safety people need in order to communicate their needs and to foster inclusion and leadership of people living with disabilities, as well as of diverse gender and racial identities, into our operations at all levels through the following measures:
- Including accessibility throughout our internal policies;
- Integrating accessibility into our procurement practices;
- Assigning clear accessibility goals and responsibilities;
- Cultivating relationships with people living with disabilities to engage them into governance and committee structures;
- Providing programming opportunities at no cost to ensure access for all;
- Offer innovative accommodations to support the community by working with individuals to find appropriate solutions for accommodation;
- Compensating individuals living with disabilities for their time and knowledge.
The Righting Relations website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies: screen reading software; text-to-speech technology and voice recognition software; screen magnifiers; mouse alternative; and keyboard alternatives.
The Righting Relations website is not compatible with:
- Internet explorer
- Browsers older than 3 major versions
- Mobile operating systems older than 5 years
Our goal is WCAG 2.0 Level AA conformance, and while we do meet some Level AAA Success Criteria, due to current design standards, the site does not meet AAA compliance. Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of the Righting Relations website, there may be some limitations. For example, some external references linked or uploaded on this site may not have alt-text, or may not be screen-reader accessible. We have made every effort to find accessible versions or alternatives for external resources, and when we have been unable to do so, we have flagged the resource as limited accessibility.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of the Righting Relations website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on our website or with any events or materials:
- Phone: 613 501 2640
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Twitter: @RRSocChange
- Instagram: @rightingrelations
- Facebook: @rightingrelations
We try to respond to feedback within 1-2 business days.