Recruiting: Content and Communications Coordinator
Righting Relations is looking for a Content and Communications coordinator to support communication and outreach.
Righting Relations is looking for a Content and Communications coordinator to support communication and outreach for our programs and the final year of a 3-year national project funded by Women and Gender Equality Canada, Uplifting Women and Uplifting Communities: Justice and Equity Change Labs.
The Coordinator will work collaboratively with the National Coordinator and the full Righting Relations team, including the National Steering Committee, Hub and Circle Coordinators, Change Lab Coordinators, and operations teams. This position will report to the National Coordinator.
Download the PDF version of the job posting, or read on for more details!
- Work in collaboration with the Righting Relations’ National Coordinator, Hub and Circle Coordinators, partners/collaborators, and the Righting Relations Communications Team to promote and conduct outreach for events and activities
- Assemble content and take photographs for a monthly newsletter and social media (include writing, editing, photography and graphic design)
- Support visual design and dissemination of program and project outputs, such as reports, infographics, podcasts, and video content
- Edit audiovisual content for social networks and the Righting Relations website
- Create and manage content for the Righting Relations website
- Assist Righting Relations with event outreach and planning as needed
- Draft news releases and assist with media relations and tracking media coverage
- Create posters and brochures
- Stakeholder research and outreach
- Track and analyse social media and website analytics
- Help develop social networking strategies based on social media and website analytics to drive member and wider network engagement
- Support the dissemination of reports and other content both within the larger network and to the general public
- Help ensure consistent branding across program and project outputs
Skills and Experience
- Experience with social media
- Experience working with standard office software
- Experience working with marginalized people and communities, including Indigenous, racialized, queer, trans, disabled, low-income, immigrant, and refugee communities
- Graphic design skills and experience
- Writing and communications skills
- Digital marketing and online community engagement skills
- Experience maintaining and updating websites and working with CMS platforms
- Experience working with the following specific platforms and tools would be an asset: WordPress, CiviCRM, MailChimp, BeaverBuilder, Hootsuite, Canva, Google Workspace (Gmail, Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms etc), Zoom
- Facilitation experience would be an asset
Traits and Values
- Passionate about social justice, adult education, and the impacts of oppression
- Diplomatic, patient, able to work with different modes of communication and engagement
- Respect confidentiality
- Works through a lens of anti-oppression
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Takes initiative and works well independently while also able to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to attend gatherings and events on evenings and weekends (occasionally)
- Able and willing to travel domestically (occasionally)
- Demonstrates initiative
- Willingness to learn
Terms of Contract
The contract would extend from 1 August 2023 to 31 March, 2024. Extension or renewal of this contract would be dependent on securing additional funding as well as on performance. The Coordinator will work 30 hours per month on a flexible schedule. The coordinator will be required to work remotely and have access to a computer. The rate of pay for this position will be between $30-$35/hr based on experience.
Righting Relations activities take place across Turtle Island and we welcome applicants from anywhere in Canada. We particularly encourage applicants from Indigenous, Black, and racialized communities, or who are 2STQQLGBIA+, disabled, or otherwise/additionally marginalized.
Please address your application to:
National Coordinator, Righting Relations Canada
Submit applications by email to email@example.com no later than July 14th, 2023. We are unable to accept mailed applications at this time.
adult education, anti-oppression, anti-racism, communication, community, community engagement, coordinator, job, job posting, National, opportunity, Righting relations, social change