Recruiting: Part-time Circle Coordinator, Winnipeg
The Winnipeg Circle is looking for a new Coordinator; could it be you?
We’re looking for a part-time Circle Coordinator for the Winnipeg Circle! If you’re a motivated social justice advocate with a background working with Indigenous and diverse cultural communities through an anti-oppressive lens, we’d like to hear from you.
The Righting Relations Winnipeg Circle Coordinator works directly with community circle participants and supports the coordination of activities of the circle and related funded projects. The Coordinator is to help strengthen the members in the Righting Relations, build connections and organize logistics for local and regional events. The successful candidate will work as a contractor supported by the John Humphrey Centre for Peace and Human Rights (JHC) located in Edmonton, Alberta, which provides leadership in the development, coordination and administration of the Western Hub.
In this role, the Coordinator will work collaboratively with West Hub representatives on the National Steering Committee, members of the West Hub, West Hub Advisory Council members, and JHC to advance the goals of the West Hub. The West Hub Advisory Council is composed of representatives from each of the prairie provinces including, the coordinators. Download or read the full job posting as a PDF here.
Term of Contract
A 3-month probationary position starting after October 1, 2022. The Coordinator will work 20-25 hours per month and be on a flexible schedule and basis. The coordinator will work from home, and have own computer. The rate of pay will start at $30 per hour. Contract has the potential for renewal and expansion pending performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and organize (venue, food, invites, etc) circle meetings and activities within Manitoba
- Communicate and meet with the West Advisory Council team members in Manitoba and JHC’s designated team members on regular basis to debrief and plan ahead
- Organize and keep updated the Winnipeg Circle’s meeting notes, posters, and any other records within the project Google drive
- Curate, maintain and update the Winnipeg Circle email group
- Cultivate relationships among and between members
- Support members in building and showcasing education workshops and sessions
- Participate in national hub coordinator meetings and evaluation
- Record notes of circles and meetings
- Ensure any follow-up is completed
- Report and liaise with JHC to support reporting and administration elements of the work; follow national and hub requirements to collect necessary information to evaluate and report the Winnipeg’s Circle activities (i.e # of events, # of people attending each event)
- Work with the Righting Relations’ National Coordinator and JHC to promote and conduct outreach for events and activities
- Report on events and activities including general stats, learnings and possible follow up opportunities
- Support social media and promotion of activities
- Seek opportunities for future funding and proposal writing
- Familiarity with Indigenous and diverse cultural communities, key issues faced, and work through a lens of anti-oppression
- Attention to detail, strong organizational and time management skills
- Interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Collaborative and team skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience updating websites and communicating through social media
- Ability to work independently and take initiative while still being a strong team member
- Be able to attend gatherings and events on evenings and weekends
- Be able and willing to travel when requested
- Have initiative and be willing to drive efforts forward collaboratively
- Proficiency or desire/ability to learn google features: drive, docs, and sheets, also Zoom and other online tools.
- Facilitation skills is an asset and willingness to learn a must
Interested candidates may submit their resumes to email@example.com
Application deadline: Applications will be rolling until a suitable candidate is found.
We encourage those who identify as women, gender diverse, or male from equity-seeking groups to apply, including folks with disabilities, newcomers, and BIPOC folks. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those invited to interview will be contacted.
availability, circle coordinator, coordinator, employment, job, opportunity, part-time, Western Hub, Winnipeg